Monday, December 1, 2008

Beginnings

Well here is a little piece that I did for my friend Kathy(who is going to be in the next two issues of Somerset-Congrats) in OR who had surgery last month. I had to make sure that she got it before I posted it. I must say that I am pleased with the way it turned out. I used the wings, a collage sheet image(isn't that little girl just the cutest), flat keys(to tie the ribbon on to use as a hanger), ribbon(that is to die for.. the colors and feel are the best), Dresden foil trim(everything looks better with a little foil on it) with rub-ons from RockCandy Studios, I then placed it all on a crackled background that had been stamped a cool vintage stamp, added ink to I got it the way I liked and then add a saying from Oxford Impressions Country Girl Plate, which I love. Sent it on it's way to OR.

Well, while on I am beginnings I want to let those of you who have followed my blog know that I as of last Wednesday I have started a new beginning. As you will notice my name has changed but I am the same person. Let's see where this small start takes me. Looking forward to 2009 and what it has to bring.

3 comments:

June said...

Love it and i bet your friend did too. Love the wings and the cute babe
Hugs from June x

Shelly Hickox said...

This is a fantastic piece Michelle! I'm sure your friend was freaking out when she got it! You did a wonderful job.

Roxi Phillips said...

Love love love the clever way you used the keys! And is that distressed Baroque border across the bottom?