Monday, May 5, 2008

Sow's Ear Hat

I remember the old saying: She can take a sow's ear and turn it into a silk purse. So this is what you can do with a day's notice and paper:

Okay I had to have a hat by the next day.(Have known for a few weeks but life kept getting in the way.) I don't have any old hats of my own, so I pulled out the paper and created. I made this from brown paper and made the flowers from tissue paper. Yes I did get a rose for the most creative and unusal hat. Since I can't create like I want, must slid it in any way I can. We went to a Mother's Day Breakfast at my Mom and Dad's church on Sunday. My sister, two nieces, my daughter and myself all were there. The men of the church cooked the food and the fellowship hall was decorated with old hats, old hankies and jewelry.
This worked out great since I will be leaving on Wednesday for Portland and will spend Mother's Day doing what I want and pampering myself.

No comments: