Sunday, January 1, 2012

Word of the 2012

ac·knowl·edg·ment
noun
1. an act of acknowledging.
2.recognition of the existence or truth of something



Several years back I stopped making resolutions and instead started picking a word for the year. It makes things easier. As resolutions seem to get broken very quickly. Over the last few weeks I have been thinking of my word for 2012 and this what I choose.

Over the past several years I have been doing a lot soul searching and reflecting. I have come to the point that I need to acknowledge many things.

1. The positive aspects of my life and not the negative ones. 2. I maybe better/have more than some and not as good/have less than as others. 3. People will not like me and that I don't have to change just to make them to like me. 4. God will, when the time is right, put people in my life. 5. Yes I have good points and some that need to be improved upon. 6. My past is just that the past and I need to leave it there. 7. To live here in the moment, so that I can have real pleasure. 8. My children have become wonderful adults and to relish in this new relationship with them. 9. How to give back to my community. 10. Finding time for me and not feeling like I am being selfish. 11. What gives me happiness and learn to do it. 12. God is there for me and loves me for who I am. 13. Frugal doesn't mean poor or cheap.

So I am looking forward to what 2012 has to bring. I am ready to begin the ACKNOWLEDGMENT of what a NEW YEAR has to offer.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all who may read this.

No comments: