Saturday, February 6, 2010

Finished Art

Here is another first for this year. This is my first canvas that was over a 5x7. It is a whopping 16x20. Which in my world is huge especially since I started it to help with the healing process after Daddy passed away. This is the scripture that carried me through the last seven month. I also have a hard time with doing art and not judging it or comparing it to others work. This piece was the first time I really just let myself go and do art. I really like the way it turned out and it will be the first piece that I will be hanging in my house that I have done.
This morning I went into the studio and it screamed out at me and said finish me! I think that is is only fitting that I finished it today. Today would have been my Daddy's birthday and tomorrow it will be 6 months since I said goodbye to him for this last time on this earth. I still refer to this passage often for strength and the promise that there is a season for everything and a purpose.

7 comments:

Roxi Phillips said...

VERY nice piece, Michelle! Is it encaustic?

Shelly Hickox said...

This is really beautiful Michelle. I love how it turned out. It's a touching piece and it will look great in your house.

Dianne Adams said...

Michelle, I clicked on the photo and enlarged it. Your texture is beautiful...I'm big on texture and this is beautiful. Of course, I love the verse that spoke to you. I'd love to know what you used to achieve the texture. And you clock stamp is perfect..perfect. I'm sorry for your loss but art is a great way to work through it. That's exactly how I coped when we lost my husband's son almost five years ago. God bless you.

kluless said...

How wonderful! I understand exactly what you are saying about the theraputic value of art. Making art has carried me through many difficult times. As Jenny Doh says - art saves lives. Well done!

Michelle Murphy said...

First off let me say thanks for all the nice comments.

R~believe it or not I didn't use wax..I know that I am a waxy kind of gal

D~I acutally use a lot of text meduim and the Glimmer Mist and Tim's stencils..they have some really great ones..the clock stamp is from Hedi S clear stamps.

Michelle Murphy said...

First off let me say thanks for all the nice comments.

R~believe it or not I didn't use wax..I know that I am a waxy kind of gal

D~I acutally use a lot of text meduim and the Glimmer Mist and Tim's stencils..they have some really great ones..the clock stamp is from Hedi S clear stamps.

Rose Chuckleberry said...

Beautiful in many ways. The sentiment behind it, the art itself, the artist and creator. I love that you will hang it in your home, a constant reminder of your strength and tenacity. Good work!