Saturday, August 1, 2009

Not the Next Top Model

The other day I reconnected with my word for the year, which by the way is DISCOVER and it has been awhile since I thought about it. With the sleepless night the last 3 weeks I have had time to think about it. Okay I am sure you are wondering what the heck that has to to with the title. So here goes!

As most of you know I have had a battle with my weight for years and heck I just want to win it. Let me tell you I have tried almost diet out there and well as you know they don't work. So I started trying a few years ago to do better and learn how to eat and not do the fade diet thing. Then about a year ago I REALLY started DISCOVERING a better way to eat and still enjoy life. I have drop some weight and need to drop some more. But I am wanting to DISCOVER a healthier way of eating and exercise along the way. I learned that you can make better choices and they don't have to be major ones. Simple things add up and can help make a difference. I am not trying to get model thin but just trying to be healthier. I still have a ways to go and boy I have days that I want things that are not what I need to eat. Like that wonderful piece of french silk pie. I do treat myself occasionally and when I do I have DISCOVERED I enjoy it so much more than when I indulged daily.

I am also trying to get myself in shape to be able to run a 5k by the 2010. That is one of those bucket list things. I have always thought it would be fun to do so what better time than the present. I do walk every morning but am thinking I need to move on up with the big girls.

With all this said I have DISCOVERED that I don't want to be a the NEXT TOP MODEL I just want to be healthier!

PS: If you have any suggestions please feel free leave a comment.

No comments: